The Bible’s picture of death is clear:
- Death is the absence of life.
- The dead are unconscious.
- Death may be likened to sleep.
- The righteous dead sleep until Jesus comes.
- At His coming, they are resurrected to live with Him forever.
The devil’s counterfeit of death is also clear:
- There is an immortal soul that leaves the body at death.
- This immortal soul has thoughts and emotions.
- The dead can communicate with the living.
- Communication with the dead brings insight from beyond the grave.
- Immortal souls seek to communicate with us daily.